What is the Visit Online Project?
it's an affordable, sustainable, high profile, innovative, independent self help marketing project, primarily aimed at smaller local tourism business’s, enabling them to promote themselves and, as importantly, the destination at low or no cost
The objectives are to ensure the Chichester region and its dependent business’s
- maintains/increases its market share of visitors and visitor revenue to the area
- help smaller business’s cost effectively keep up with the technology challenge
- raise awareness locally of the need to join forces to create a strong local tourism industry capable of marketing itself &
- involve & listen to the wider tourism industry along with the traditional areas of accommodation & attractions
- continue to be innovative & capable of reacting swiftly to market changes
- create new products to entice visitors to the region (particularly during the shoulder & off peak seasons)
currently there are two vibrant Visit Online Project websites
these sites have been designed to be interactive, easily updateable, engaging and informative
The Visit Online Project is more than just a series of directory websites for businesses to advertise their products/services. It is also a destination marketing tool providing visitors and potential visitors to the region, with an information portal that reflects the diversity and accessibility of the region. Giving them ideas of where to stay, what to do, where to go, what’s happening and where to eat. Being mindful that local residents are also our customers, subtle local information elements are included in the websites, encouraging residents to refer to and use the sites alongside visitors to the area.
The Visit Online Project has been designed for the wider Chichester Regional Tourist Industry as a place where they can advertise and promote their business/service at low or no cost; play an active role in the success of the project; and contribute to the future development of the project.